Thursday, September 13, 2012

New York Fashion Week--Day 7

Today seemed to be all about reality TV stars.  I covered the Whitney Eve show for fashionWATCH.com, so I spoke to Whitney Port (The Hills, The City).  Her show was really good.  Her clothing is girly, but not sweet.  If you like the way Whitney herself dresses, then you'll be a big fan of the line.  There was one top that, when it first came down the runway I thought it was fur.  As the model walked the fabric swung back and forth, and I realized I was wrong.  It was so striking and different from anything else I've seen this week.  I was happy to see that she used the same fabric for her final look; a white gown.  It was so gorgeous.  Whitney has absolutely made the transition from reality star to legit designer.



Running the show was PR legend Kelly Cutrone.  Kelly is now a full fledged TV star.  Her shows include True Life, The Hills, The City, Kell On Earth, Dr. Phil and America's Next Top Model.  Wow.  I had the pleasure of working with Kelly last year on my book, New York Fashion Week.  The help she gave me was transformative; she made the book 1000x better, and I am forever grateful.  Kelly is a rock star.

The crowd included Kelly Killoren Bensimon (The Real Housewives of New York) and actress Charlotte Ross.  Both women looked lovely wearing Whitney Eve.  I spoke with Caroline Manzo of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, who was so much fun.  Whitney's The City pal Joe Zee (Elle) was there to show support.  He was very proud of her.  Other recognizable faces in the crowd were Mya, Alexa Ray Joel, Nicole Trunfio and Jessica Hart.

This is a show I look forward to every season, and Whitney absolutely delivered.  I'm already looking forward to what she shows for Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment