Monday, July 23, 2012


Tonight was the premiere of Season 10 of Project Runway! So, what did you think? Anybody have favorites yet? I think it was great to have Patricia Field back since she was the show's very first guest judge. Now, everyone wants to be on Project Runway, but back then it wasn't a known commodity, and judges were hard to come by. 

The most interesting contestant for me was Christopher, and why he irked Gunnar so much. It'll be fun to see how that develops. Oh, did anyone else notice that Elena looked like a completely different person with her hair down? I had no idea who she was when she had her to-camera interviews. 

But the most fun part is the fashion. Don't read on if you haven't seen it yet. The top three were Melissa, Christopher and Ven. My personal favorite was Ven. I think that Christopher's dress was probably much more dramatic in person. I wasn't wowed by watching it on TV. I really like Ven's bustier. I also liked the suit, although the pants bothered me. Simpler pants would have been a better with a top with so much detail. And the color was great. I didn't love his companion dress, but didn't mind it either.

The bottom three were Kooan, Beatrice and Lantie. I was glad that Kooan stayed. He was out there, but he certainly wasn't boring. He reminded me of Jeremy Scott, and I'm interested to see what he'll do next. The final two were Beatrice and Lantie. Beatrice had that awful, awful Aztec cape with a boring gray dress underneath. Her companion piece was also pretty dull. I really hated the snakeskin choker connected to the lace dress Lantie did. And then her second dress had that snakeskin flap in the front that really killed it. Well, it would have been on life support without the flap anyway. The whole thing was odd. I would have kept Beatrice over Lantie even though I hated the cape because I thought her second out, while boring, wasn't horrible. I didn't like either of Lantie's pieces. But what's so fun about the show is that next week Lantie could wow everyone. One thing I definitely learned from writing the Project Runway book is that even the best designers can have an off week.

My favorite part of the show this week? Nina's outfit. I thought she looked incredible.






No comments:

Post a Comment