Monday, July 23, 2012

FASHION EMERGENCY!!!! Well, not really. But the news is calling tight fitting clothing just that. Seems doctors are really a buzz kill, saying that shapewear can reduce oxygen intake and cause light headedness. I don't know, you'd think that would lead to more interesting behavior on the red carpet. Skinny jeans are another supposed culprit. Doctors warm they can cause meralgia paresthetica, which means a nerve running from the abdomen to the thigh is compressed. The result? Numbness and tingling. They also went on to dis bras, cinch belts and too tight ties and collars. 

But people, let's discuss...How do we really feel about shapewear? I have a drawer full of it which I hardly ever use. My first foray was a pair of briefs. After wearing them for about an hour I noticed this roll protruding on top of them WHICH HAD NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE. Not the desired effect, let me tell you. Being female I assumed this was my fault, and I moved on to a Spanx tank. All this did for me was to flatten my boobs. So I graduated to a full bodysuit. This is really what one should wear to smooth out anything offensive. It didn't minimize my normal size 2-4 body to look as if I wore a size 00, but I didn't have to worry about any lines. But you know what? I never take it out of the drawer. I just never feel up t the commitment of spending hours at a time restricted. 

Turns out my goal of looking impossibly skinny was impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment