Tuesday, August 21, 2012

September Issues

One of the best things about the month of August for me is the arrival of the September issues of the fashion magazines.  It is such a thrill finding these huge issues stuffed into my mailbox.  I love everything about them.  The ads are gorgeous, the editorials are exciting.  Just today I got both Harper's Bazaar and Vogue.  Both in one day is like Christmas morning for me.  Seeing who is on the cover is another bonus.  This September the major fashion mags have Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani, Victoria Beckham, Penelope Cruz, Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry.  Some are great choices, some are pretty boring.  I actually miss models being on the covers.  I always thought that was more fun.  Then it was about enhancing the clothing, not the career of a celebrity.  Vogue has an especially fun September issue this year, as it's the 120th anniversary issue.  There are some fun old photos.  Vanity Fair's Style issue is also pretty great.  It's their annual best dressed list, and they have some fantastic picks this year, especially Poppy Delevingne.  That's all for now.  I have to go and check my mailbox.





No comments:

Post a Comment