Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pretty Powerful


I recently attended the launch of Bobbi Brown's new book, Pretty Powerful.  I'm such a sucker for these makeup manuals.  I still have my old Kevyn Aucoin book, and will pull them out occasionally.  That said, the reason I went was to see Alexa Ray Joel perform.  Alexa and I met multiple times during this past fashion week, where we were both working as fashion correspondents; she for JuliB.com, and me for fashionWATCH.com.  Not only was Alexa a model for the book, but she was the entertainment for the launch party.  She sang two of her original songs (and also played the keyboard).  She's super talented, gorgeous, and so incredibly cool that even though she has so much going for her, you couldn't possibly hate her!

The book is really good.  It's a very simple guide that anyone can follow.  I've seen some makeup books that are so complicated you might as well call the artist to just do your makeup.  Bobbi Brown has also featured women and their stories throughout, so the book is not just about makeup.  Brown is emphasizing who a woman is, not just what she looks like.


Alexa Ray showing her photos in Pretty Powerful

No comments:

Post a Comment