Thursday, September 6, 2012

New York Fashion Week-Day 1

New York Fashion Week officially started today.  As the author of the book New York Fashion Week, this event is dear to my heart.  My first show of the season was BCBG Max Azria.  I ran into the extremely lovely Constance White on the way in.  One of the best parts of the week is getting to catch up with people you don't get to see often enough.  Inside was crazy!  On the way to my seat I gt caught in a major crunch.  People were just stopped and photographers and camera crews were going nuts trying to get a shot of Whitney Port.  I have to say she looked really good.  She wore a black top with a long blue skirt and had a great red lipstick on.  The media was so caught up in their Whitney frenzy that they didn't even notice Estelle was also stuck in the crunch--and she was wearing a bright green turban!!  And right behind me was Daisy Fuentes.  I couldn't understand why she had sunglasses on inside, but she looked good anyway.  For me though, the real rock stars of the week are the editors.  They are always the best dressed, and can style themselves.  Joanna Coles, the brand new editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan, had on a to die for leather top, and was stunning.  Elle's Kate Davidson Hudson looked fantastic in a white dress with a brown jacket.  Anne Slowey was lovely.  I had the pleasure of meeting her for the first time today.  The always charming Joe Zee was one of the best dressed men, as was InStyle's Ariel Foxman.  Ariel is so sweet, and super cute.  The show itself was my favorite of the day.  The was a lot of black and white, and harnesses.  At more than one show today I saw belts which closed on the side, which was pretty cool.  This was one of my favorite BCBG shows.  The clothes were sexy and so wearable at the same time.  The best part is that women of all shapes and sized can shop this collection.

BCBG Max Azria


The rest of the day was spent running around the city.  I stopped in to see Viktor Luna at his atelier.  I got a preview of his upcoming show (this Monday).  His collection is outstanding.  He is one of the most talented new designers around.  Viktor's menswear is every bit as good as his womenswear.  I don't want to give anything away, but I will have a detailed review on Tuesday.

I will be back tomorrow with notes from the Project Runway finale (and maybe a little gossip about the wrap party!).

No comments:

Post a Comment