Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Aldrian Diaz

I met someone really special very recently.  Our paths crossed because of my Project Runway book (Project Runway: The Show That Changed Fashion).  Aldrian Diaz was the first person on line to have his book signed at Barnes & Noble.  He showed up four hours before the event and waited patiently.  During that time he was snapped by a photographer from WWD (Women's Wear Daily).  The two photos they ran of the event were one of Heidi Klum and one of Aldrian.  I decided to get to know him.  First thing you should know, Aldrian is 14.  We exchanged Facebook messages, and I suggested we meet up to chat.  I soon realized I might be coming off like a potential Chris Hanson predator, so I made sure to invite his mother too!  Let me tell you, this is one cool kid.  Not only is he a fan of Project Runway, but he has aspirations to be a designer.  And he really knows his stuff.  I asked him who he was inspired by, and he said Alexander McQueen,and John Galliano.  Aldrian loves their creativity and boldness.  He showed me some of his sketches, and I was really impressed.  His designs are so cool, and don't look like anyone else's.  What I especially like about him is that he goes after what he wants.  He made sure he got to the Project Runway signing first, he has done his research and gotten himself invited to shows during Fashion Week, he goes out and meets designers when they're making appearances.  Not bad for someone going into 10th grade.    



No comments:

Post a Comment